Early education and childcare for 2 year olds
Your 2 year old may be able to get early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- children born between 1 January and 31 March are eligible from the Summer term after Easter holidays (April).
- children born between 1 April and 31 August are eligible from the Autumn term (September).
- children born between 1 September and 31 December are eligible from the Spring term (January).
For more information go to the Bedford Borough website.